WEBINAR ON “CUCET”
Amol Verma, school alumnus of 2015-16 organised a webinar on “CUCET” for the students of class
12. The resource person Mr Vikas Vijay explained to the students why they need to focus on their
class 12th and how it would help them achieve success in their ‘Entrance Examinations
YOUTH IDEATHON, INDIA’S LARGEST FESTIVAL OF IDEAS
Neha Bambah (batch of 2011) was awarded the Best Mentor Award in Youth Ideathon, India’s largest Festival of IDEAS for Class 6-12 students, organized by CBSE, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and ThinkStartup.
DOUBLE DUTCH SPEED EVENT AT SOUTH ASIAN ROPE SKIPPING CHAMPIONSHIP
Sanil Jain, school alumnus (2015-16 batch), emerged as a Gold Medalist in the Double Dutch Speed event at South Asian Rope Skipping Championship held in Kathmandu, Nepal. He also won the Silver Medal in the freestyle event, displaying his spectacular athletic talent.
2022 Engineering & technical excellence award winner
Rizwan Khan school alumnus bagged Standing Ovation award under the aegis of Parsons Drive Program. He was adjudged as. Engineering & Technical award winner.He undertook feasibility assessment studies sponsored by Qatar Public Works Department to design additional 50 new petrol stations within the shortest duration of time. He was applauded for his contribution by Parsons Dubai design team.
WEBINAR ON “ USES OF CANVA”
Siddharth, school alumnus batch of 2010-11 conducted a webinar on “Uses of Canva” for the students of grade 11. Students learnt about various designing tools used to create presentations, documents, and other visual content
Special assembly by Alumni on teachers day- A Homage to Teachers
In order to commemorate Teachers' Day, a virtual assembly was conducted by our school alumni, who paid a memorable tribute to all the educators. The program commenced with the lamp lighting ceremony, followed by an invocation dance and musical symphony. Students displayed the Bal Bharatian spirit by penning down beautiful messages and poems, displaying their creativity and honouring their mentors. The assembly concluded with a group dance performance, proceeded by a heartfelt address from the school Vice Principal.
Awareness Session On Child Sexual Abuse
Manveen Kathuria (batch year 2015-16), in association with an NGO named Amoli Trust, conducted an awareness session on child sexual abuse for the students of all sections of class 1 on July 03, 2021, and class 2 on July 10, 2021. Children learned about personal safety and its importance. The caregivers were provided with the tools to ensure the safety of children and to empower their feelings.
Number of volunteers involved: 26
Number of students impacted: 220
The school alumni lend their encouraging leadership and artistic contributions in special assemblies, conducted for senior classes.
1. Manveen Kathuria, Ananya Malhotra, Ananya Sundriyal, Avanya Sundriyal, from the academic batch 2015-16, enchanted the audience with an enthralling dance performance. Through the medium of art, they shed light on the powerful social message of women empowerment.
Pratiksha from the 2017-18 batch thanked the school teachers for lending their unrelenting support and helping her grow into a successful journalist. She has interned with a number of news networks and is currently working with Republic TV India.
2. Deergha Sachdeva and Nandini Sahai, from the batch 2019-20, shared their journey on gaining confidence and honing their talent through participation in school events such as Dhoom. They elaborated how lucrative opportunities and platforms, offered by the school, aided their personal growth and helped them discover their hidden potential.
Pooja Tayal presented a beautiful Bharatnatyam dance performance, inspiring students to overcome their fears and nurture their skills to achieve their goals.
3. Shubham Mody, from the batch 2018-19, presented a melodious musical performance and gained enthusiastic appreciation from the audience.
Madhumeet, our school Alumnus, made the school proud by launching her first book ‘Illusions’. The book was launched by Hon. Member of Parliament, Shri Bhartruhari Mahtab Ji. The book is now available on Amazon and Flipkart.
WEBINAR ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION BY FAMPAY (START-UP) FOR CLASSES IX TO XII- SEPTEMBER 1 TO 4, 2020.
Ms.Supriya (School ALmunus) apprised the students about the various steps involved in launching a start-up, emphasizing on the need for innovation.
TEACHER’S DAY TRIBUTE BY ALUMNI
Alumni of the school paid tribute to teachers virtually, by compiling a cultural program for them.
Munners of the school were nostalgic as they attended the first virtual MUN of the school. They walked down the memory lane and remembered the glorious days when they had conducted the event as student leaders.
- EUROBRAKE STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES PROGRAMME 2019
The school Alumnus (2017 Batch) Chirag Malhotra has been selected to attend Eurobrake 2019 to be held in Dresden, Germany between May 21 to 23, 2019. He is one of the 59 students selected from all over the world to attend Student Opportunity Programme by FISITA, Umbrella organization for global automotive.
- Akhil Taneja, an alumni of batch 2015 conducted the training session for Investment Competition (Wharton High School, USA) participants online on Zoom on drafting Investment strategy on 20 November 2020. It was an interesting session as he spoke about the various ratios and effect of US election on international market.
- Ms Ananya Malhotra (Alumni of batch 2015-16 ) conducted a workshop on the topic FINANCIAL LITERACY. This workshop helped the students to understand financial concepts:
- What is Financial Literacy? Why is it important for today’s youth to be financially literate?
- Introduction of Basic Financial concepts like Savings, Income, expense, Investment, etc
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Introduction to Stock Market, its working and related concepts.
- Introduction of some other financial products like different types of bank accounts, debentures, etc
- How can you start investing from an early age?
- Ms Arushi Tuteja (Alumni of batch 2019-20 ) conducted an Interactive session on “Preparation for NEET Exam” for the Alumni batch 2020-21.
- Prateek Chawla who is currently pursuing Ph.D in physics at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences,Chennai explained about the different career options in science.
- Nishchay Budhiraja communicated about his latest endeavors in an interactive session with the students and developed a website for communicating about the latest examinations that was useful for the students.
- Vedika Kapoor, an alumni of batch 2017 conducted the training session for MUN participants on communication skills.
- Training of Executive Board for Model United Nations:- The school students were trained to manage the conference by Alumni. They were guided about Rules of Procedures of MUN.
- Start up Week:- Conducting Mock stock for Class XI and XII students. A two day Start Up conference for classes XI and XII was organized in school in August 2019.The theme of the event was to guide the students to become job creators and not Job seekers. Megha, a school alumni took the initiative to call two leading startups- Fampay and Little art studio.
BEYOND THE HORIZON:
- Hour of code
A session of Hour of code was held along with the students of class VIII. The session was managed by Aarushi Singh who interacted with the students about their thoughts and inhibitions regarding coding. The session was followed by a Hands-on-Session on python. The students learnt the basics of python and learnt that coding is not tough and they just need to 'Start' without thinking about the consequences.
- Code to school
A skill development programme-CODE TO SCHOOL is being organised by our alumni Daizy Mehta with her team D_Coder from DTU for IX and XI from 24th December to 21st The students were introduced to the team and were given a preface to the code to school initiative.Following which the students were given an introduction to the latest technologies in the industry including WebApp Development, Android Development and Machine Learning.
- Sarthak Mody who is currently pursuing English (hons) from DDUC, DU mentored the students about the photography as a career option.
- Manveen Kathuria who is pursuing B.COM(hons) from SGSCC, DU helped in organizing and preparing the students for the Ramp Walk that was a huge success in the annual day.
- Sarthak Arora who is currently pursuing B.Tech (food technology) from NIFTEM trained and guided the students in organizing the IIMUN.
- A skill development session Pinhole Photography was conducted by BBPS Alumnus Sarthak Modyon January 30,2019 to teach video editing to students.
- Skill based workshop on careers after class XII was conducted by school Alumni on 15 January 2018 to orient the students about vocational career options
BREAK THE ICE
- Mercatique : The school alumnus Vaibhav Midha, Ishita Jain and Rishabh Munjal taught different marketing tactics and approaches to make a good presentation.
- Inter-house english debate : The school alumnus Vaibhav Midha, Ishita Jain and Deepali Sharma judged the event. They enlightened the participants about the concept of parliamentary debate and how it gives confidence to express their opinions in a coherent, organized and structured way.
- Inter-house hindi declamation competition: The school alumnus Aaradhya Joshi and Anushka Singh mentored the students for Inter-house Hindi Declamation Competition.
- Youth parliament: MsYamica Chopra, Head Girl and Speaker for Youth Parliament '16 for the batch 2017 -18 judged the young parliamentarians. She guided them about the importance of research and communication.
BRIDGING THE GAP
- Cricket match : Our alumni cricket team won the runners up trophy at the freedom cup 3.0, organized by BBPS Alumni Association of Rohini in January 2020. The team was headed by Sarhtak Rewala and Ojasvie Arora won the man of the match award and included following players Karan Singh, Deepak Kundra, Ishit Bajaj, Vipul Samota, Pavit Kohli, Dhruv Sjarma, Surya Sharma, Vipul Gupta and Harsh Khazanchi.
- The foot tapping performance by our alumni Dhruv and Ritwik on school winter carnival 2019-20. The Retro songs presented by them were indeed enthralling and captivating.
CAREER COUNSELLING WORKSHOP BY STUDENT ALUMNI
- WORKSHOP ON CAREER CHOICES
The school Alumni and IIM Kolkata alumnus, Mr.Nischay Budhiraja (2011-12) conducted an interactive workshop for his mentors on career choices after class XII. He is currently the owner of Start-up called OPASIS. The key role of OPASIS is to help students in tracking the various competitive exam dates. The facilitators were happy to be on the other side of the table and learn more about the new age career choices available.
- The alumni of the school Nishchay Budhiraja along with his business partner and father Mr.Nilesh Budhiraja conducted an informative session for students for classes XI and XII on 18 August 2017.Nishchay is presently doing MBA from IIM, Kolkata and is founder of his START UP OPASIS-PERSONALISED CAREER PLANS. The students were guided about the various career choices affiliated with government. Also the dates of various entrance exams were also discussed.The session was interactive and informative for all the streams.
- Career Fair was organised on 30 January 2017 where OBBA counselled the school students for various career options available after class 12.
- The students of class X had the opportunity of interacting with the student alumni Animesh Deepak of 2013-14 batch on career options after class XII and choice of streams in class XI on 29 October 15. Animesh Deepak is pursuing Journalism from Jawahar Lal University, Delhi.The students were guided about the various choices available in every stream.It was a friendly interaction as he shared his own experiences regarding choosing of streams and the confusion encompassing the decisions. The students of class X actively participated and asked him questions about his college and efforts required to clear entrance examinations.
- Rishabh Munjal, an alumni of batch 2017 conducted workshop on cyber safety for students of classes 9th to 12th
- To counsel the students and enable them to decide correct career path, a counselling session were organised on 29th November 2019, by our alumni Ms Neha Bambah.
- The Old Bal Bharatian Association, Dwarka, put up a kiosk at the Career Fair organised by the Dwarka branch. The kiosk was managed by Vaibhav Midha And Ishita Jain who interacted with students from class 8th to 10th and helped them understand the variety of prospects available via different streams in a very simple manner. The students reacted positively to the interaction as they found talking to alumni relatable and personal. They were helped to recognize and better understand their areas of interests and which stream suits them best and also what all career options will help them further their interests. Vaibhav and Ishita also helped the students to correctly identify their strengths and weaknesses and how to work better on both of them.